Trying the Pomodoro technique - Day 1

 Hi! In today's blog post I'm going to be testing one of the most popular and trending study methods; The Pomodoro technique. Basically, I've been seeing so many people trying this technique and loving it. So I decided that I wanted to try it too so you all can too. Since my exams have started I really wanted to try different study methods and came across this technique that's filled my Pinterest page. So I decided to test this method that's been raging the internet for 5 days on my blog so you guys can try it too! This is Day 1 of the 5 days Pickled Writing Pomodoro Challenge (Yep, I just made that up). 

This is the first time I'm trying any study method other than reading my book alone in a room with my favourite music playing. I'll just give you a brief about this, I'm going to be trying the Pomodoro study technique for 5 days and see if it actually works. For each day I'll share my experience in a blog post and then update the same post with how good I did in my test. You all can do this challenge with me and then share your experience too! *Sighs* Lets do this.

I had really high hopes for this method as almost everyone who tried it said that it works. 

Lets talk songs (Off topic but something I want to talk about)

Now, I always thought that music would help me in studying but whenever I played some of my most favourite songs while studying, I would always get distracted and then forget whatever I just did. But I kept on listening to songs in hope that one day it would actually help me. So today I opened Spotify and searched up 'Study Music' and the first thing that popped up was cafe study music, I was a bit skeptical and decided to play it. But after a while the cafe music really helped me focus! My mind would always get distracted and start overthinking but now it all stopped. So I definitely recommend Cafe music while studying, especially one playlist. Click here to listen to it! (And for the writers and bloggers, definitely listen to it while writing, I'm doing the same thing and its helping me get so many more ideas than before!)

Anyways, back to the topic. 

I didn't know much about the Pomodoro technique but only knew that the feedback about it was good. So I googled it quickly and saw all the directions, it looked quite easy so I opened my clock on my computer and started playing the music. All I had to do was study for 25 minutes, take a break for 5 minutes, and do the same thing four times and take a long break. It honestly felt like I studied for 10 minutes when it was 50 minutes the first two times. I felt really focused and for the first time the timer didn't tempt me to be impatient and look at it every second, the music was so soothing and helped me a lot. I actually had fun studying and felt calm, everything I was reading was getting registered in my brain and I could answer questions without flipping pages back and looking at answers. Did it help me? Of course it did! This is by far the most relaxed and best studying I ever did and so will you if you follow it too. I did my exam today (A day after studying) And I did so good! This is honestly the best study method I have stumbled upon. I almost reached doing it four times but I had to have dinner. But if doing this only three times made a difference, imagine how it would be if I did the method completely! Well, now I just have to wait for my test results.

UPDATE: I got an A! I guess this worked, I'm pretty happy with my result, what about you? Comment down your outcome of this technique if you did it with me.

That's it for today!

I hope you liked it and will try this!

And yes, I'm still listening to the playlist while writing this

Subscribe for more posts!

Till then,

Stay Pickleful!

Au Revoir!


Comments

Popular Posts