5 Simple Steps to stop Procrastinating and study better (From a major procrastinator)

 Hi! I know it's been a while since I posted but here I am. In today's blog post I'm going to be writing about a common issue that we all face. Procrastination. Procrastinating is basically unnecessarily delaying something that you don't feel like doing now. I have done this a thousand times but with a lot of hard work finally stopped doing it. And I know that many of you'll have done this too. But today I'm going to help you finally stop this unhealthy habit with a few points. So without further ado, let the blog post begin!





1. Always keep away distractions

Now when people hear this, they always think about their phone's notifications as distractions. But really, the thing that's distracting you the most is your mind. People keep on thinking about other things like what they will do after completing this, or whether someone replied to their text message. This is what's keeping you distracted, but by saying this I don't mean that you should not keep your phone or other distractions away; But keep your mind focused on your work and be in the present.

2. Don't make up things to keep you from doing your task

As someone who used to be a major procrastinator I would always make up stuff to kind of persuade the part of my mind that wants me to do it to do it afterwards. But whenever I did this I would never complete my task and would say that I didn't have time at the end of the day when I did. So whenever you remember that you have to do something, never unnecessarily do something other than that just to avoid doing a certain task.

3. Do the task the moment you think of it

This point is similar to the one above but a little bit different. Sometimes when I was watching TV, I would remember the task and then say that I would do it afterwards. But that afterwards never came. So whenever you think of your task, always do it the moment you remember it because you'll then forget it and never do it.

4. Use different techniques

So if you're studying, always be open to new kinds of techniques and ways as you never know, they might help you! There are various techniques that can help you focus better, like the Pomodoro technique, Flowtime technique, and many more. There are also various apps helping you to study better. But if you're not doing any school work and just some chores or tasks, use music! Music has always helped me while studying or writing Blogs! Sometimes music helps only for certain people, so it's completely fine if you think you'll focus better without it :) It also diverts your attention and bored feeling to having fun and enjoying something that you normally would not like.

5. It's okay to take a break!

Lastly, it's completely fine to take a break! Trust me, your body needs it. Never ignore the part of your mind that's telling you to take a break. I had studied for 9 and a half hours straight once with my friend  without any break; Just sitting in one chair, and I deeply regret it. I felt extremely sleepy in my classes and my body was very tired. So always take a break when you need it :)

That's it for today!

I hoped you liked it and that this helped you in a small way maybe.

Comment down if you will follow these steps if you can.

Subscribe for more posts!

Till then,

Stay Pickleful!

Au Revoir!

 













































































Comments

Popular Posts