Book Review of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

 Hi! So sorry I didn't upload a blog post since a long time as my nose has been buried in books. I'm going to be doing another book review in this post! Now this is a long story, so bear with me. I had ordered a book which was going to come in 1-2 days, but I was so used to getting a book in a day that I wanted to read something in the meantime, there lay the dusty first book of the Harry Potter series which my mom bought in 2015 in my bookshelf; Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I decided to  read it even though I was quite sure I would not like it and the next day, I literally fell in love with it, I was surprised with myself as I did try to read it in the past, but gave up, but now I actually liked it! I told my mom that night not to buy the rest of the books in the series as I had already seen all the movies and thought that it would be a waste of money and my mom agreed. The next day (11th June) was my birthday! I was not at all expecting any surprises because my mom is pretty good at lying, but then with a wave of shock, she surprised me with the whole Harry Potter series! I was extremely elated and couldn't thank my grandparents enough (The gift was from them but my mom gave the idea). And here we are! I was reading Harry Potter books one after the other and I'm now on the 4th one. So that's the backstory, now lets start the review.

This is the first book of the number 1. bestselling series Harry Potter. When a small boy named Harry Potter on his birthday discovers that he's a wizard and that his parents did not die in a car crash but sacrificed themselves to The Great Dark Wizard Lord Voldemort, and is told to enter a magical school called Hogwarts in which they train young witches and wizards. This comes as a great wave of shock to Harry as He never even knew magic existed. While getting the money  that he inherited from the bank in Diagon Alley (An alley in which you can buy magical items) he sees the giant Hogwarts Gamekeeper who is also his friend take something from a secret vault in Gringgots (Bank) but Hagrid does not tell him what it is and this makes Harry feel suspicious. He enters the school and gets sorted into his house. He starts exploring the school when he sees something in the newspaper called The Daily Prophet, it said that  there had been a break - in at Gringgots (Bank) in the same vault that Hagrid had opened.

Harry discovers that the valuable item kept in the vault is called the Philosopher's Stone with the help of his friends Ron and Hermione at Hogwarts and they three go on a series of adventures and a shocking plot twist is waiting at the end.

I won't give you spoilers so that you read it :)

The writing is immaculate and makes me want to flip the next page more and more. One thing that I've noticed in the series is that the vocabulary is going up one level in every book, and I really like it, this book did not make me open google a lot but only for a few British terms and objects that I didn't know.

This novel made me imagine all sorts of things and I absolutely loved it. I don't know how JK. Rowling came up with such unique names for objects and characters, but they fit so perfectly for each person's traits and qualities. The story is all together amazing and I loved the way the it was formatted.


    This is the one that I got, you can buy whichever one that's more appealing to you as there are many        different front covers. 
 
Even though I do not like fantasy books Harry Potter was definitely a first.

I love this book and highly recommend it to you if you haven't read it already.

Click here to buy the book if you want to :)

That's it for today!

I hope you liked it!

Comment which book I should read and review next if you did!

Subscribe for more posts!

Till then,

Stay Pickleful!

Au Revoir!



 





Comments

Popular Posts