Book Review (First one ever!) of Little Women

 Hi! In this blog post I'm going to be reviewing a wonderful book for the first time! I am very excited for this new venture on my blog. Some of you must be knowing, actually I don't know if any of you'll do, I have started reading again! And I'm very jubilant knowing that I have regained my hobby and I'm on a little reading marathon now 😁. The second book (Of my little 'Reading Marathon') was Little Women, once I started reading it I literally fell in love with it, and now it's my favourite book! I wanted to tell you'll all the pros and cons (not many cons) of the book Little Women so you can make a decision on whether you'll like it it or not according to your taste. So without further ado, let me start my first book review! (I've put a fun little video here that you can watch, I'm going to put this in every book review of mine 😀) 

This vintage classic book is about 4 sisters, Jo, Meg, Amy, and Beth. Its about the challenges that they face and how they overcome it with a wave of positivity and the help of friends and family. A complete mix of emotions that will take you on a rollercoaster and a heartwarming take on importance of friends and family. 

The first thing that I love about this book is that it has amazing vocabulary and I would definitely recommend this if you want to learn new words that will surely help you in the future, it helped me in a great way. All the new vocabulary that I have written since I started the 11th Mission is only from this book.  Another thing that I absolutely adore is that it really didn't have a main character as it showed how each character felt in the middle of a crisis or a cordial event. It showcased how every character felt and what they are going through as if exchanging main characters each page. I never felt that the writing was biased towards one character and was only about what one character thinks. But as there is also a movie on this book, (And I unfortunately watched the movie before reading the book) while watching the movie I felt as if it was only about one character, and they showed lesser parts and perspectives of the other characters, this did disappoint me a bit after reading the book as I was hoping to see how they made a beautifully written piece of writing into a visualization and the director's imagination as many of the character's backstory and thoughts are not shown in the movie. 

This  is the one that I got, you can take whichever more is appealing to you as there are many different front covers.

The writer Louisa May Alcott has wonderfully written this masterpiece and the characters are such that we can relate to. Sometimes I feel like punching a character in the face, and sometimes giving a warm hug to them. This takes us on an emotional rollercoaster and I would give this book 5 stars.

I am definitely recommending this book to you'll who like light-hearted and emotional novels/books.

 Click here if you want to buy the book!

That's it for today!

I hope you liked it!

Comment which book I should read and review next if you did!

Subscribe for more posts!

Till then,

Stay Pickleful!

Au Revoir!







Comments

Popular Posts