I wrote a new story!

Hi! So I really felt like writing a story, and I wanted to make it like real - life, drama, and not fantasy, but when I tried to write it, I just couldn't! Whereas I had gotten so many plots and ideas based upon fantasy and dystopian books. So I decided to write a book on a dystopian world.

I hope you like it! :) 

 

(This starts out in a diary)

                                                                     Makrozoia

April 15th, 1909

Dear diary,  

Since this is the first time I'm writing on you, let me introduce myself.

Kornellia. I'm a Kornellian citizen. I have Kornellian royal blood, that means I'm a princess, princess Beatrice, that's my name.  But I'm not one of those elegant, delicate, and beautiful princesses, I have to be ready for war. We don't show a lot of love and affection in Kornellia, the moment a new baby has been born, it has to take part in the choosing ceremony. If a baby is chosen, it's because someone in their family has been a helpful and strong warrior, when it's chosen, the kingdom guards take it away and start training it. But I don't know how they train babies; there's a chosen one each year, the chosen one has a choice, either to become a warrior, or to train one. The ones who want to train the warriors need advanced training and have to go in one of the secret towers, there the old warriors teach them everything that the young warriors learn in 5 years in only a year, it takes great effort to become a trainer. But the chosen ones have to keep it a secret. They can't tell anyone where and how the training is, not even your closest family or friends, and once someone is chosen, the family never gets to see them again, they only and only stay in the 2 secret towers, of course, they do come out for war, but since there are thousands of them you can't recognise anyone, and they do not get to talk to their family because of Kornellian laws. Some people believe that we don't have to train all the time, and we stopped for a while, but then we decided we would never do it again because of what happened. In 1863 my grandfather's courtier suggested that we don't always have to make the trainers and warriors work so hard every second, my grandfather rather liked the sound of it and decided to give the warriors a rest, but then, the very next week, when all the chosen ones were having fun and relaxing, they came. The Resembowitches; They're vicious and cruel witches, their whole kingdom only contains women / witches, they've been living long since the 16th Century, when they destroyed the men, because they thought that they're much stronger and better without them, they then created a strong potion which has been giving them the strength to live longer, they keep it in one of the highest towers, guarded with heavy security that only a resembowitch can enter through, each year we can see the tower fill up with old and bony witches, but when they leave, they look like the fittest and youngest of all. They carried weapons that they had never ever used in previous fights in the war of 1863, cannons, swords polished so much that it reflected the auburn sky like diamonds dipped in fire, hammers, and of course, their resembomobile. A giant car (More like a truck), with guns attached to every part of it, and a big cannon on top with the queen of Resembo behind it. Theodora Resembo, "Hello dear Alberto, I see you're having quite a party here, didn't care to invite us?" She called to my father with a grin on her face as she held up a candelabra and held it close to the fuse, "Goodbye dear Kornellians" The people had already started to flee away from the Resembowitches, the warriors tried to defend themselves and fight back, but since they did not learn how to fight against these new weapons which they would have if they trained, we were hopeless. The big cannon let out a fireball and it landed right in the middle of town. My grandfather and several warriors and citizens died in this war, my father was only ten, ,but he had to take over, some were greedy and wanted to be king, but the government of Kornellia made my father the king.

My father told me this story by himself, since then on I made it my mission to destroy the Resembowitches.

I'm not a warrior, but I have a personal trainer who's name is Philip Windsor as I also take part in the war, but I'm privileged with extra safety since I'm the princess. My father, Alberto Kornell, lets me use his own saddle that he used to use too when he was young, I thanked him dearly for this opportunity as horseriding is my passion and the one that he had is of  traditional Kornellian rare leather. Well, it felt wonderful to pour my thoughts into a piece of paper, but I must go for my fencing class and then I have to meet my new trainer. Louis Hosbach, he sure sounds like a gentleman, but I'll dearly miss Philip.   

Beatrice Kornell

Beatrice jumped off her bed and ran down the stairs with her French braids flying over the banisters as she took a look at the prodigious hall with busy housemaids and advisors with ideas and Kornellians with complains and gifts waiting. While in the middle of the staircase Beatrice noticed one of the housemaids with a tray full of napkins and a bowl of water. "What's that for, Daisy?" Questioned Beatrice curiously going back up one step in bewilderment, "Oh, did none of the maids tell you? I feel miserable telling you princess but your father's sick, he's red hot and bedridden, we only came to know today." Replied Daisy the housemaid "Well I've got to go, don't know what those new maids will do to the king, last time one of them gave chocolate - chip scones to the king when he asked for Blueberry scones!" Muttered Daisy going up the stairs. Beatrice felt surprised and worried at the same time. She scurried back up the stairs behind Daisy anxiously. Beatrice entered her father's room, she saw him laying on the bed covered in blankets and several housemaids and visitors incessantly murmuring and talking around him, she noticed a man with a stethoscope standing beside the bed talking to the courtier and her mother sitting on the bed with teary eyes. "What's happened to him?" Asked Beatrice as she hurriedly approached the doctor. "Well, sorry to tell you but he has scarlet fever, it's a rare case because it mostly happens to children. He's too weak to even get up and his temperature is extremely high." Replied the doctor with knitted brows. Beatrice gasped as she had never seen her father so sick, he was the fittest man she had ever known, he had never had any trouble with his health. She approached her father and kneeled down next to him, "Father, how did this happen? You seemed so happy yesterday, what happened?" She anxiously talked to her father as she tightly held his hands as if he were to go away from her anytime, "Makrozoia, Makrozoia!" Her father exclaimed with a gruff voice, "Makrozoia!" Beatrice looked nonplussed, what had happened to her father? "What do you mean father?- " "Makrozoia!" He was repeating the same word over and over again, he held Beatrice's hand even tighter, "Princess I don't think this is a good time, let me put these towels" Daisy beckoned Beatrice to go as she soaked the napkins in hot water and put it on King Alberto's forehead, Beatrice felt awestruck and puzzled, she had never seen her father in such condition, she briskly walked away from him and sat down to console her now crying mother. She kept on thinking about what her father had said, what did he mean by 'Makrozoia' ?

That's it for today! I hope I kept you thinking!

Subscribe for more posts and comment what I should name it as I've already made the book cover and I just need a name.

This is actually just a snippet of the book I'm about to publish in while, and I'm extremely excited for this new venture as I always wanted to write a book.

Till then,

Stay Pickleful!

Au Revoir!

Comments

Popular Posts